This year, I thought I’d participate in the holiday wishlist meme. I’ve already been able to grant some of Ashley’s wishes, and am hoping to find others I can help out as well. I also have a list of stuff that I’d really love to have, but don’t have the money or means right now.
Comment here if you create a list, and I will be sure to read it and attempt to help you out. If you help me with anything from my list, I will do my best to reciprocate. At the very least, I can send you some of my favorite holiday music! (It’s not boring crap, either. There are some sweet mash-ups.)
- Make a post listing your wishes. If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info.
- Visit the lists of others. If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true.
- You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not — it’s your call.
- A job. Seriously. Money in exchange for work. Do you have something you need done that just takes time? I can do it. Data entry? No problem! Photo editing? Done! Writing, um, anything? Easy. I can help you with WordPress, with your blog… the list goes on.
- T-shirts. Here’s the deal: a lot of my clothes don’t fit me anymore. I gained weight and stopped shopping for clothing (I despise clothes shopping). But I’m not at all picky. I like comfortable shirts, and I really don’t care what’s on the front. I’ll take anything. I’m a size XL or XXL by American Apparel’s standards, which is an adult medium or so in the real world.
- While we’re at it, I also really need a blazer of some sort that I could wear to job interviews. And jewelry. Can you tell I’m inept?
- Queen-sized satin sheets. My boyfriend keeps dropping hints about wanting satin sheets. He would be so excited to toss me around in some… especially red ones.
- Free advertising, in whichever form you can manage, whether it be word of mouth, posting in a forum you frequent, or putting a banner of mine on your site (contact me for banners). And if you have any insight on how I can expand and gain more readers, I’d love to hear it.
- Socks that are warm. Preferably Smartwool, but I’ll take anything that’s toasty.
- A standing/floor lamp that takes at least three lightbulbs. It doesn’t even have to have lampshades; it just needs to work and not be lopsided.
- Low top Converse in men’s size 6. And any semi-fancy shoes I could wear to a job interview that aren’t heels.
- Gift cards/certificates to Amazon, Target, or anywhere I can buy simple need-it-to-live items.
So if any of these sound like something you can do, email me at hey.epiphora [at] gmail [dot] com and we can work out details!
Other wishlists (will be updated as I find more):